Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Long Dark Way Day #1

Well just got home from first day of shooting on The Long, Dark Way. First of all I want to thank all the people who participated and did a great job for the long, six hour schedule.

Zane Berlin, who is the villian of the film did a fantastic job coordinating the lighting for the scenes and keeping us all revved up between scenes. What a dynamo!

Renee Weygandt, our wonderful heroine. Steadfast, consistant and infinitely patient.

Kelli Kickham, our Abby, always cheerful and involved.

Lyudmilla McCoy, drove 2+ hours one way just to help make this film.

Special thanks to Shannon Miles, who let us use her apartment for the filming and then at the last minute stepped in to fill a vacant role as one of Abby's friends.

Brian C. Jackson, our local "mad scientist of all things electronic" who did our sound recording and provided the lighting equipment. You rock, man!

Sonja Jones, a real trooper. She came to be Assistant Director and jumped in to run a camera, doing a great job of it too.

And to my special girls, Jamestic & Sondra Stallings. My wards and the keepers of my heart. They toted and fetched, were there to assist in any way they could, working the slate and crawling behind appliances to unplug them. You two are the best kids in the world.

Now I go to sleep and prepare for shooting tomorrow night's scenes. More later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone did a great job! You didn't get crazy enough for me to yell "drugs!"...darn it!
I got my second wind on the drive home. Now I'm up playing games!
It was fun and am looking forward to tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the girls.

Jamestic even brought us root beer, too.

They made things so much more fun!

Anonymous said...

susan ummmmmmmmah
all the best to ur film
looking forward to more blogs and pics

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to be a part of it... thank you, Susan!